The 2013-16 Regional Plans/Roadmaps will provide a wide range of stakeholders, potential investors and policy-makers with a better understanding of each region—including strengths, challenges, needs and strategic priorities. This will require development of a robust evidence base and analysis of key regional characteristics, including access to a variety of data sources.
To support RDAs in developing their evidence base, the Department has compiled a number of key economic and social indicators, including employment, education and population characteristics. This data is available at a RDA, national, state and local government level and can be accessed below.
These indicators are compiled from publications from the Australian Bureau of Statistics and other providers of official statistics. RDAs should also review the accompanied explanatory notes prior to downloading the data and this can be accessed here PDF: 185 KB XLS: 50 KB. Regular updates to these data sets will be provided as new data sources become available.
These data sets are not the only source of data for an evidence base, and RDAs are encouraged to continue to source a variety of additional information during the development of their 2013-16 Regional Plans/Roadmaps.
- Explanatory Notes PDF: 185 KB XLS: 50 KB
- RDA2013 to LGA2011 Correspondence File CSV: 19 KB XLS: 78 KB
- Building Approvals 2010–2012 CSV: 139 KB XLS: 324 KB
- Country of Birth 2001, 2006, 2011 CSV: 608 KB XLS: 1113 KB
- Employment By Industry 2001–2011 CSV: 393 KB XLS: 1225 KB
- English Proficiency 2001, 2006, 2011 CSV: 569 KB XLS: 1165 KB
- Estimated Resident Population 2001–2011pr CSV: 84 KB XLS: 428 KB
- Estimated Resident Population by Age and Sex 2001–2011 CSV: 587 KB XLS: 2871 KB
- Highest Year of School Completed 2011 CSV: 56 KB XLS: 188 KB
- Housing 2001–2011 CSV: 469 KB XLS: 1033 KB
- Indigenous Status 2001, 2006, 2011 CSV: 150 KB XLS: 610 KB
- Internet Access 2006, 2011 CSV: 89 KB XLS: 283 KB
- Participation Rate 2001, 2006, 2011 CSV: 126 KB XLS: 264 KB
- Personal Income 2005–06 to 2009–10 CSV: 829 KB XLS: 1341 KB
- Post-School Qualifications 2001–2011 CSV: 196 KB XLS: 346 KB
- Total Family Income 2001–2011 CSV: 318 KB XLS: 638 KB
- Unemployment Mar 08–Dec 12 CSV: 547 KB XLS: 747 KB
Please note: The Total Family Income 2001–2011 data sets have been updated since this article was originally published.