- Affordable Housing Dilemma
24 February 2017
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Mid North Coast has launched a new website resource with information about affordable housing, who it affects and what regional pressures are contributing to the rise in housing stress.
- Industry Map 2016
22 February 2017
The interactive Industry Map has been released by the Office of the Chief Economist. This tool can help unlock industry trends in a region. It contains the Office of the Chief Economist's first issue of Gross Regional Product (GRP) estimates. It also includes business counts, population estimates, labour force status and industry employment information.
- Australian Industry Report 2016
22 February 2017
Australia has recorded its 25th year of continuous economic growth. It is a remarkable achievement, but what can Australia do to remain competitive on the world stage?
- Mapping Tasmainia's Regional Economic Workforce Planning Capability
14 February 2017
Regional Development Australia – Tasmania (RDA Tasmania) is collaborating with The Tasmanian Department of State Growth to understand the capability of Tasmania’s regional workforce development planning.
- RDA Illawarra hosts Grant Writing Workshops
09 February 2017
On 7 February 2017 Regional Development Australia (RDA) Illawarra conducted a workshop, led by Anthony Rowley from Mainline Solutions, to assist people on how to write winning grant submissions.
- Developing Funding Proposals—A Guidance Manual for Practitioners resource—WA RDA Network
08 February 2017
The WA RDA Network has collaborated to produce a resource for developing funding proposals, ‘A Guidance Manual for Practitioners’.
- 2017 National Awards for Local Government are open for entries
03 February 2017
Entries for the 2017 National Awards for Local Government (the Awards) are now open and will be accepted through to midnight on Friday 3 March 2017.
- Hunter Region Success Showcased at RDA Hunter's Hunter Horizon Event
18 January 2017
On 15 December 2016 Regional Development Australia (RDA) Hunter held an innovation event, Hunter Horizon at the Newcastle Museum. James O'Loghlin delivered the keynote address.
- ABC Heywire Competition Winners
16 December 2016
- Regional Development (RDA) and the Pilbara Development Commission (PDC) Ten Year Community Plan
12 December 2016
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Pilbara and the Pilbara Development Commission (PDC) have collaborated to formulate a Ten Year Community Plan for the Non-Government Organisations Sector in the Pilbara (‘the Plan’).
- Regional Development Australia (RDA) Mid-North Coast Has a New Chair
12 December 2016
John O’Neill has been appointed as the new Chair of Regional Development Australia - Mid North Coast (RDAMNC).
- RDA Hunter Chair wins State Award for Business Leadership
30 November 2016
Mr Michael Slater was awarded the prestigious NSW Business Chamber's Business Leader of the Year award on 25 November 2016 at a ceremony in Sydney.
- Regional awards recognize inspiring innovators
23 November 2016
The 9th Northern Inland Innovation Awards were presented at the gala awards dinner at the Inverell RSM Club on Friday night, 18 November, 2016.
- RDA Wheatbelt—Enterprising Communities Programme
19 November 2016
The RDA Wheatbelt Enterprising Communities programme aims to encourage Wheatbelt communities to develop community enterprises, supported by community driven funding options for the enterprises. The objective of the program is to encourage a culture of community enterprise development and innovation, working towards cohesiveness and self-reliance within communities and the broader region.
- Asian Productivity Organisation's inaugural visit to South Australia
14 November 2016
The Asian Productivity Organisation (APO) visited Murray Bridge on Wednesday 9 November 2016.
- RDA Central West launches Telecommunications Infrastructure Support Guide
11 November 2016
RDA Central West (NSW) has produced a user-friendly support guide to help Local Government, businesses and community groups understand how to make good use of the NBN and Mobile Black Spot Programme (MBSP).
- RDA Logan & Redlands—Migrant Business Idea Bootcamp
08 November 2016
On Tuesday 18th October, Regional Development Australia (RDA) Logan & Redlands held a Business Idea Bootcamp for members of the Logan Migrant Business Community. Participants included small business owners, not-for-profit organisations and people with a great business idea they wanted to turn into a business opportunity.
- RDA Logan & Redlands—a finalist in the 2016 Economic Development Australia Awards for Excellence
08 November 2016
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Logan & Redlands was named finalists in the Community Economic Development category at the Economic Development Australia 2016 National Awards for its work delivering the Business Idea Bootcamp series.
- RDA Moreton Bay—a finalist in the 2016 Economic Development Australia Awards for Excellence
21 October 2016
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Moreton Bay has been recognised as a finalist at the 2016 Economic Development Australia Awards for Excellence, for its innovation in business clustering and collaboration.
- RDA Barossa wins National award
21 October 2016
RDA Barossa, in partnership with Chris Sands, won a National Award from Economic Development Australia in the Category of marketing and promotions for the Extraordinary Everyday Barossa project.
- Efic, the Australian Government's export finance agency
19 October 2016
Efic, the Australian Government's export finance agency, helps small and medium businesses secure export finance when their bank is unable to help. Efic's new Small Business Export Loan gives growing export businesses the opportunity to access unsecured loans and tailor the repayment term.
- RDA Brisbane's Manufacturing Toolbox—Turbocharging regional collaboration
17 October 2016
RDA Brisbane (QLD) believes that regions need to collaborate on many key issues, as few regions have the resources to go it alone.
- Peterborough Main Street Renewal grant a big win for RDA Yorke and Mid North
13 October 2016
RDA Yorke and Mid North (SA) has partnered with the District council of Peterborough to secure $348,000 for a Main Street Renewal Project.
- RDA Central West report adds value to region's agriculture industry
07 October 2016
RDA Central West (NSW) has published its much anticipated Value Adding to Agriculture in Central West NSW report, highlighting the innovative ways in which farmers and agribusinesses are value adding to agriculture.
- National Spotlight on RDA Northern Inland energy savings
30 September 2016
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Northern Inland's (NSW) Northern Lights Project, first rolled out in August 2015, has attracted national attention.
- RDA Pilbara launches the Mid and North Western Australia Investment Portfolio
23 September 2016
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Pilbara (WA) in partnership with Chamber of Commerce and Industry Western Australia (CCIWA) and the Australian China Business Council (ACBC) had an extremely successful launch of the Mid and North Western Australia Investment Portfolio in Perth in July 2016.
- Registrations Open for 2016 RDA National Forum
07 September 2016
The 2016 RDA National Forum will be held on Tuesday 25 October in Albany, Western Australian at the Albany Entertainment Centre.
- Riverland marks the spot for premium food, wine, and tourism
02 September 2016
Premium food, wine, and tourism experiences in Riverland will now be identified through the Riverland Trust Mark, an initiative of RDA Murraylands and Riverland (SA), Destination Riverland, and Riverland Wine.
- RDA Logan & Redlands inspiring economic growth with Business Idea Bootcamp
25 August 2016
RDA Logan & Redlands (QLD) has launched its Business Idea Bootcamp series with the goal of turning business ideas into business opportunities, and already the region is seeing results.
- RDA Grampians Research Centre gives boost to local Infrastructure
04 August 2016
RDA Grampians (VIC) Chair, Stuart Benjamin, has welcomed the official launch of a new $450,000 research centre, located in Horsham and designed to support infrastructure projects across the region.
- RDA Northern Melbourne bringing the tertiary sector together to foster regional innovation
04 August 2016
A landmark report prepared by RDA Northern Melbourne (VIC) and partners is leading to unprecedented cooperation by tertiary institutions and commercial enterprise to support innovation and address the future skills needs of Melbourne's North.
- Victorian RDA Committees come together for inaugural forum
28 April 2016
The first forum bringing all nine Victorian RDA Committees was held in Ballarat, VIC on 21 April 2016.
- Prime Minister Turnbull launches RDA Hunter's Smart Specialisation Strategy For The Hunter Region
26 April 2016
RDA Hunter (NSW) is showing great leadership by delivering positive change, new ideas and new opportunities for the future through its Smart Specialisation Strategy for the Hunter Region.
- Regional Development Australia National forum 2016
11 April 2016
On 11 April, Senator the Hon Fiona Nash, Minister for Regional Development announced that the 2016 Regional Development Australia (RDA) National Forum will be held in Albany WA, on 25 October.
- Regional Development Australia Chairs Reference group meets with Minister Nash
06 April 2016
On Wednesday 6 April, Senator the Hon Fiona Nash, Minister for Regional Development, met with the Regional Development Australia (RDA) Chairs Reference Group (CRG) at Parliament House.
- RDA Committees plan for the future of Queensland roads
24 February 2016
RDA Townsville and North West Queensland (RDA TNWQ) are playing a lead role in facilitating the development of the Inland Queensland Roads Action Plan (IQ-RAP).
- RDA Orana creating exciting opportunities in Korea and Australia
23 February 2016
RDA Orana is fostering positive bilateral relations with South Korea, welcoming both the arrival of their first participant in the Korean Trainee Project and the opportunity to send hospitality interns from the Orana region to work at a 5 star hotel in Seoul.