Victorian RDA committees
RDA committees in Victoria comprise local leaders with broad and diverse skills and experience, as well as demonstrated networks within their region. Committee members are individuals who understand the challenges, opportunities and priorities within their local community. In Victoria, RDA committees work in partnership with Regional Development Victoria and the Regional Managers Forum, ensuring integrated and aligned arrangements for regional engagement and economic development in the state and regional communities.
In Victoria, RDA committees:
- work closely with regional organisations and local governments to identify regional and cross regional priorities
- support the transition to a water constrained future in the Murray-Darling Basin
- support the transition process to a low carbon economy in the Latrobe Valley
- provide independent advice to all three levels of Government on regional development priorities, and
- focus on informing and influencing key partners’ and other organisations’ service and project delivery.
Further information on the role of RDA in Victoria can be found at the Regional Development Victoria website.